3.11.10

I guess I had a life when this emerged


Somehow a Moomins movie came out in Finland in August and I was unaware of it. I am counting to ten. It's called The Moomins and the Comet Chase. Unsurprisingly, Bjork did a song for it.


I'm not going to lie; Little My has always scared the shit out of me. Partly because I think I met her once, and it was dark. But, did you know that they were originally created by a Swedish-Finn illustrator and professor of philosophy called Tove Jansson? No, of course you didn't - nobody does. All we know about the Moomins is what our slightly frightened, nostalgic childhood memories recall about the TV show. But before that, it was a series of books and then a comic strip in the London paper, The Evening News, which Jansson drew and wrote from 1954 to 1959. Then she did a graphic novel that looked like this:


But really I'm just in it for the TV show and the Bjork track.

Who the hell is that guy on the left?? I use the term guy liberally.

Björk - The Comet Song - The Moomins And The Comet Chase OST from lfemusiclab on Vimeo.


No comments: